Wednesday, May 11, 2016

PRAISE for SHAKTI!

I got these really sweet emails from my readers and am sharing them with their permissions. They really made my day J
This one is from Rajinder Singh (Dr), Jalandhar: 
Dear Madam,
I have read Shakti and congratulate you  for writing such a wonderful book.   Those of religious bent of mind have only some vague ideas of what our gods and goddesses have been doing without any scruples. Shiva-Brahma-Vishnu, Shiva -Shakti,, Indra-apsras-gandharva, sages and savants find a mention in our religious books. The way you have written in such a forthright manner clears the mist around them. In our Granth Sahib (The Holy Book of the Sikhs) countless references have been to Pauranic characters. Similarly Guru Gobind Singh has written quite a lot about Chandi and Durga and her fight with Mahishasur.  I place this book at a higher pedestal than the most gripping novels, or world classics. Congratulations again. I would like to read your novels also in course of time.  I am also a writer, though a very ordinary. I have written 15 novels in Punjabi and English and Hindi too. I have translated 95 books into English from Punjabi-Hindi-Urdu. Insofar as wirting is concerned I am beholden to you. I have learnt quite a lot from your beautiful style and the great treasure of words/your command over the foreign language (English).
The second one is from Madhu Shikhare, Hyderabad:
Interested in shakti per se and in mythology, i am loving the book.
The context is different many time than my knowledge but its a different view. 

The lanuguage is so rich that being a lover of english language its acting like a healer to my soul where I see the langauge murdered every day. 

Also I cant miss the psychological angle when all is analysed. 

Over all i just loved it thank you so much for this piece of work.

With gods grace someday maybe I can meet you.

JJJ

1 comment:

RaviKaushikaDFW said...

Ms. Anuja, very nice to see that your book has got raving reviews. I will order them once my india trip is finalized - I will have the books mailed to my house in virugambakkam, madras.

keep up the good work.

god's blessing to you for your continued work.

regards
Ravichandran.